Here we have yet another team in our move to play teams that are not a city. Tampa Bay is another one of those marketing ploys to expand the area of supporters. Tampa is basically a city of one strip mall after the other. Tampa Bay is a secluded harbor in fact I’m not so sure if there is…
a real Tampa Bay. It might be a generalization of the combination of a host of bays in that area. So, finely put we are playing the Tampa Bay Harbor deadbolts tonight.
Speaking of marketing, the deadBOLT’s owner, Hollywood producer – Oren Koules predicted that this years team would win the Southeast Division just canned there best marketing whiz, Mark Gullet who came up with the “Seen Stamkos” – billboards around the Tampa strip malls before they picked him in last June’s Entry Draft.
Now, what’s funny here is that Koules then hires GM Brian Lawton’s wife, Angelina Lawton to be the new head of Communications. It’s doesn’t get much more in-the-family than that does it!
Koules, Len Barrie and Lawton got there heads together and selected Barry Melrose. LOL. Those TV analyst’s… we’ve been down that road before!
So here we have a team that paid Bugzy Malone an outrageous contract and Malone accepts it because they also gave his dad, Greg Malone, the head scouting position. Facts are, Bugzy does go to the net, gets his nose dirty and he was a tough one to see leaving the Penguins and Pittsburgh. But we would be hammering his current production which by the way… is almost a duplicate of Peter Sykora’s… but at three times the cost! All of a sudden Sykora’s contract doesn’t look as bad as Malone’s… does it now.
• We only lost twice in regulation in the last 18 games so there is no need to panic. Plus, Montreal looks like they might want to go golfing rather than visit the playoffs. They sat Cary Price… Hmmm?
• When is Krundle coming back? This GAME POOP STUFF is way too demanding.
• The Tampa Bay Habour has dropped 6-straight and tonight it will be 7.
• With Lecavalier getting wrist surgery that will make him easier to trade during the summer. He’s going to be a HAB – trust me on that.
• The 21 different deadBOLT defenseman, one of them being Josef Melichar, is a league record. Josef ‘freaking’ Melichar!
• The Reader’s Digest version is… going in net tonight for the deadBOLTS is Ed McMahon who was once Johnny Carson’s sidekick.
• At one time I thought that RW, Evgeny TANK Artukhin would have been a good signing for the Pens but (and I can’t rememeber where I read this) he’s so lazy that he wouldn’t know how to spell WORK if you spotted him the W and the O. Yet, watch for his cheap hits. That’s why dressing Godard tonight might be a good thing.
I don’t usually make predictions but I’m going with the Pens… 6 – 0. I think Malkin and Crosby put some pressure on the scoring race by getting 3 points each.
Ovechkin now has 500 shots on goal and the closest to him is Eric Staal with 360. That puck hog should be leading in scoring… but isn’t… is he.
Let’s go Pens! Let’s get this over with, tonight eh.
This is DR Hook… carry on