So Malkin joins Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr and Sidney Crosby as Pittsburgh’s Art Ross winners. You must admit that we, as Penguin fans, have been incredibly blessed with the talent we have had the privilege of watching over the years.
As for the game, had it not been for some pretty spectacular play by Carey Price, the game could have been very lopsided. In the first two periods, the Pens were flying. They had a ton of shots and many good scoring opportunities. They held the Canadiens to very few opportunities at the same time. As it turned out, the Pens won 3-1. I thought they played very well again. Things look good as we go into the first round series with the dreaded Flyers.
- I have to say, I have been impressed with Philippe Boucher since coming back from injury and being scratched. I feel like we have a solid defense from top to bottom.
- Scoring two goals on the same short-handed situation was amazing. Not to mention having one disallowed on a previous short-handed situation.
- Fleury has peaked at exactly the right time. I think we can have as much confidence in him now as we did in last years cup run.
- If Talbot and Dupuis had scoring touch, the game could have been like 8-1. Those two guys were making things happen. They just didn’t finish most of the opportunities.
- If the Flyers lose in regulation today, we will jump above them in the standings and gain home ice advantage. That would be awesome. Not that we need extra reason to root against the Flyers, but Let’s go Rangers!
Here is to a deep run into the playoffs.