Man, it is hard to watch the Devils play hockey. What a boring game. In their defense, it is effective; as evidenced by tonight’s loss. The Pens looked a bit out of sorts tonight. There were a bunch of bad passes, missed shots, bad offsides, mishandled pucks and other mental errors. It could be contributed to having played on back to back nights. Maybe they were due for a let down. I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that the Penguins were not going to go 81-1 on the season.
- Martin Skoula looked a bit uncomfortable but not all together horrible.
- Malkin seems to be a bit out of his groove over the past several games. He is turning the puck over at an uncomfortable frequency.
- Goligoski is fun to watch.
- I am sorry, but they need to do something about the power play. With the firepower they have, it should be much more effective.
- The Pens did have 32 shots on goal, but Brodeur did not have to be great to stop all but one of them.
Let’s see if the boys can get back on track.